Apparently the issue is caused by the "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" app / service which takes all computer resources to do some dirt work and send data to Microsoft.
After sniffing the internet for a solution, I found the below to solve the problem:
1. Disable Feedback Frequency: Go to Settings app > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics and under the Feedback frequency, select Never from the drop-down menu. I also set the Diagnostic and usage data option to Basic.
2. Use PowerShell (run as administrator) to stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service and change the Startup Type to disabled:
# stop-service diagtrack
# set-service diagtrack -startuptype disabled